So I did this drawing a LONG time ago – February 2015 actually. Now I basically figured I do this because I found the drawing on my table. I’ve done a lot more research on the bird and picked my colors – which are VERY different than in this original picture. I have no idea why that color palette is in this picture it is very wrong. I’ve also done some rework on the drawing itself.
I wasn’t focused during most of my studio time – but I did get some things done. I got the new color scheme worked out (HUGE improvement) and I got this little birds mohawk cut and assembled. These pieces are quite small – that is a standard #11 blade for scale.