So here is safety pin #6 (larger image)
11/21/16 – Safety Pin #6 |
This is very neon – it is neon orange and coral for the pin and a very bright (not quite neon) turquoise blue. This is a very bold combo that has a little vibration to it b/c of the color choices.
Email to secure this piece or a different combo for yourself or for more information.
If interested in one like this or one in other colors, please let me know, I am building a list of color preferences for people!
I am so happy to report Safety Pin #5 has sold.
So as of 11-20-16 – $122 has been raised to be donated!!! I am feeling really good about this!!!
–as a reminder here is a breakdown of the project —
I want to do something! So I am going to create a series of small simple works of safety pins. They will all roughly be 4″x 6″ and be in fun colors. I am going to sell these works in order to make a donation to several organizations.
The organizations I would like to donate money to are:
- The Trevor Project
- DC Coalition for Immigrants
- a local rape hotline/crisis center
- Washington Peace Center
- Planned Parenthood
-The idea is simple – I make 30 of these artworks.
– I sell them each at $28 (this includes shipping in US) and $20 of this get donated. The $8 is used to cover supplies, shipping, and credit card processing fees. If you are local and want to pay cash and do a pickup – we can knock it down a few bucks – or I’ll include those fees in the donation.
– You get a matted original artwork that should easily pop into most 8×10 frames.
(Framing can be added for an additional cost)
– All payments will go through Square – either in person or via an invoice sent via email.
Once all 30 works are sold I will be splitting the money from the donations among the 6 organizations – giving them each $100. If all 30 works are NOT sold by December 30 – I will be splitting all the donation money evenly between the organizations.