So here is safety pin #14 (larger image)
11/30/16 – Safety Pin #14 |
This was a request from facebook for colors. This one was a fun one. The get everything the line up right all 7 papers were cut at once – so there was quite a bit of pressure to get through all 7 layers in a single cut. Doing this makes sure they all fit together snuggly. I like the feel of this – I think I am going to make a large piece of rainbow colored safety pins when the 30 are done!
Email to secure a piece like this or a different combo for yourself or simply for more information. If interested in one like this or one in other colors, please let me know, I am building a list of color preferences for people I am close to my 30 pieces with the requests – so get requests in!
So as of 11-30-16 – We are now at at $258 to be donated!!! Almost halfway through the 30 – but not to goal!!! Safety Pin #7 and Safety #10 and Safety Pin #12 are still available – so if interested jump on it and let me raise that number!
–as a reminder here is a breakdown of the project —
I want to do something! So I am going to create a series of small simple works of safety pins. They will all roughly be 4″x 6″ and be in fun colors. I am going to sell these works in order to make a donation to several organizations.
The organizations I would like to donate money to are:
- The Trevor Project
- DC Coalition for Immigrants
- a local rape hotline/crisis center
- Washington Peace Center
- Planned Parenthood
-The idea is simple – I make 30 of these artworks.
– I sell them each at $28 (this includes shipping in US) and $20 of this get donated. The $8 is used to cover supplies, shipping, and credit card processing fees. If you are local and want to pay cash and do a pickup – we can knock it down a few bucks – or I’ll include those fees in the donation.
– You get a matted original artwork that should easily pop into most 8×10 frames.
(Framing can be added for an additional cost)
– All payments will go through Square – either in person or via an invoice sent via email.
Once all 30 works are sold I will be splitting the money from the donations among the 6 organizations – giving them each $100. If all 30 works are NOT sold by December 30 – I will be splitting all the donation money evenly between the organizations.